These wardrobe essentials are quick fixes to any outfit that needs a finishing touch. Or on your lazy days (ahem, Mondays) you can piece them all together to create a laid back and easy style.
- Plain white t-shirt: And stock up! I can’t even count how many plain white t-shirts I’ve owned in my lifetime. Plain white t-shirts have a reputation for never staying bright white for too long, so I wouldn’t necessarily splurge on this particular wardrobe essential. Also, try and mix things up. Buy multiple t-shirts in different necklines (v-neck, scoop necks, etc.) and fits (baggy or tight fitting). I highly recommend checking out H&M’s ‘Basics’ section where you can mix and match basic tees and tanks for 2 for $10.
- Jean jacket: My jean jackets have been a lifesaver when I piece together an outfit but want to dress it down a bit and create a more casual look. And I truly believe that jean jackets will never go out of style because there are so many different ways to wear them (even the denim on denim look is coming back!). Pair them with a cute dress for a casual dinner date or rock your jean jacket with black skinnies and combat boots for a last-minute concert outfit (yes, spontaneous concert ticket splurges come up more frequently than you’d think).
- Little black dress: This one is pretty self-explanatory. LBDs have been a closet staple since forever. Why? Because black is everyone’s color. It’s definitely go-to when you’ve completely run out of options, time, or patience. Dress it up with a pair of pumps and diamond earrings or dress it down with flats and a cute cardigan. This piece works for literally any occasion. Need I say more?
- Statement accessories: Do you ever have those days when you want to look put together but all you want to wear is a t-shirt and jeans? This is where statement accessories come into play. Whether it’s a bulky necklace or colorful earrings you’ll give the illusion that you didn’t actually press snooze on your alarm 10 times and woke up with 5 minutes left to get ready.
- Black dress pants: For those job interviews where you question what kind of look is appropriate. You can never go wrong with black dress pants and cute flats.
- A good pair of jeans: Skinny jeans are ‘in’ right now but that shouldn’t stop you from rocking some flared or boot-cut jeans to mix it up. As long as you feel great in them (and they make your butt look good) then that’s all that matters. This is one staple wardrobe piece that I would definitely splurge on. Because a good pair of jeans will last you years and save your butt (literally) from the squats that you were supposed to be doing every night but instead ended up binge watching your recent Netflix find.
- Ballet flats: I’ve already mentioned how these staple wardrobe pieces can pull an entire outfit together. They work for almost any occasion and you can create so many different looks with them. I might even dedicate an entire blog post about all of the different looks you can put together with a good pair of flats!
- Chic sunglasses: I think you can probably catch on to how hard it can be for me to get dressed in the mornings. But nothing does more wonders than a pair of chic sunglasses. If you’re anything like me, some days you just can’t match the wings of your eyeliner or your outfit is feeling a bit bland. Sunglasses make all of those problems disappear. If you’re nothing like me and your outfits are always on point and your make up is always even then a good pair of sunglasses will only enhance your already perfect look!
- Sneakers: Comfy and cute. Sneakers are my all time favorite. Mainly because they allow me to walk more than 10 steps without my feet hurting and they add a sense of casual-cute to my look. If you’re looking for recommendations on where to get a cute pair of sneakers check out my last post ‘Pastel As Well’ for a great steal!
- Pumps: I’ll be honest. Unlike most people I wasn’t genetically blessed with normal sized feet. Most of the time my feet are too small to fit into any cute heels or pumps (I’m a size 5 on a good day). But what I love about pumps is that you can wear them with jeans or a little black dress and you automatically look stunning and sophisticated. I’ve never seen a shoe that makes as big of a statement as pumps do!
So there you have it. Here are all of my wardrobe essentials that I believe can save you from having to constantly ask, “What should I wear today?” You could probably live off of these 10 items and create a new look for each day of the week if you wanted to.